A number of mobile phone network providers have joined a scheme to temporarily increase data allowances for mobile phone users. This is so that children and young people can access remote education if their face-to-face education is disrupted. This scheme will not apply to everyone. Each mobile provider has a limit on the amount of data they will provide and the number of people they will accept applications from.
The scheme is open to any student who meets the following criteria:
- Does not have access to a fixed broadband connection
- Cannot afford additional data needed to access educational resources
- Have access to a mobile device that uses one of the participating networks If you meet any of the criteria listed above, to request extra mobile data, you will need to send, by email, the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The account holder's name
- The mobile number (a number beginning with 07)
- The mobile network
- Whether you pay monthly or pay as you go (Pay as you go means you top up the credit on the phone, often at a shop and Pay monthly usually means you have a monthly direct debit)
Please title your email 'Increase Data Allowance Request'... read more here.